Sunday, May 1, 2011

Time Awareness

I will be the first to admit that I do take to much for granted. I let moments pass and never remember them for their value and worth. I sit and waste things that could be used to brighten both mine and other peoples lives. Cliche and overused, we use the phrase "time is a valuable thing" and for me, I'm starting to see it a little more clearly.

I have been wanting results faster than I could ever achieve them. I have been wanting the size 3 pants within days of doing this, but I need to understand, that this is like any other process...it takes time. That I will get to the size 3 but not tomorrow. Not the next day. In two months? yes. In three months? even more likely. I think we tend to get very frustrated at ourselves when we don't see results in 4 days or 7 days or even 2 weeks. I have been doing this for two weeks now and I have lost five pounds. This is a big deal considering the average person loses only 1 pound a week. I think as far as quick results are concerned, I need to take some pressure off myself. I am dedicating, I am working out, I am making changes according to Ana and my fellow Annies. Of course, I meet struggle and binge and purge here and there, as is human to do...but I am in this for the long run. I always get back up when I have fallen down. I have a strict set of rules, a strict workout schedule, I have pressure coming from everywhere....this is a place I can stand to take some pressure off. Allow time. Let my body change at the pace it wants to change according to the rules I have set.

This being said, I can open my eyes to view the good moments and smile when I need to. When I'm sitting out in the sun with my boyfriend, I need to bask in the glory of the day and his love as opposed to constantly thinking about how fat my arms look in my sun dress (granted they really do look fat but do I have to think about it ALL the TIME?) Time really is a valuable thing and we should embrace it as opposed to using it to further pressure ourselves. Life is short, I should spend less of it worrying and more of it loving.

I woke up this morning, stepped on the scale, looked down and saw a beautiful 140. Yesterday I refused fries and a burger and had italian ice and half a banana for dinner. It's steps like that, that will lead me to success. I also went shopping with my boyfriend and bought a size 6 pair of shorts...it's getting there :)

I wish all of you beauties out their a very wonderful day and an amazing start to this week. LOVE

Happy Thinspo :)




Any thoughts on the fuchsia/red hair? I'm thinking about doing it. 
<3

1 comment:

LongDistanceDIY said...

OMG 140 congratulations! thats awesome! That said I think you're right and you shouldn't stress out about the weight not coming off fast enough, this is a big transitional period, if you drop it all right away you'd be twice as likely to gain it back in a heartbeat. So you are right to take your time and listen to your body.
Your so amazing girly!