Friday, April 22, 2011

[Day 6] The Family Affair

Happy Earth Day. Namaste. Free Coffee Friday at Starbucks if you bring in a reusable mug :)

As much as I love my sister dearly and she is one of my very closest friends, she is in fact...a baker. Every time we all get together for family holidays she loves to try out new recipes and then trying out all the new concoctions. Don't get me wrong, I to love baking, but only when I can immediately box them up and send them to my brother who is a 6'2" track and field athlete. (One of the main reasons I have strong hatred to our fellow sex is because they can eat an entire container of peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and not gain an ounce.) Anyway, today started out decent. I went to work, did a short workout and came home to spend time with my family (mainly my brother and sister, not the rents) And my sister decided to bake. We made vegan maple pumpkin muffins. I had planned on just eating one for I know she always insists I try one, but then she brought me another one. Oops...it fell on the floor. It's ok....she only made 2 dozen more! She brought me a plate of two more. "if you don't eat em I'll be convinced there is something wrong, these are heaven sent!" she said, just as my mother walks into the room. Lovely. So I ate one and a half more (granted they had 1 gram of fat and made with splenda) and at that time I was stuffed (with guilt and muffins) then fed the rest to the dog. I felt bloated and gross, so an hour later I pulled out the insanity dvd my boyfriend let me barrow and did almost all of it. It truly is insane. Recommended if you've had a bad intake day and want to feel like you've burned it all off.

intake

Breakfast
1/2 cup fruit- 40 
1 mixed cereal- 130
1/2 cup soy milk- 35

Lunch-
1/2 cup edamame- 75 [wouldn't have eatin if I had known I was going to be force fed]
2 1/2 vegan pumpkin muffins- 360 [yucky gross]

And of course, we have to all cook and eat together but I only ate part of what was on my plate and told them I was full from muffins.

Dinner-
Vegan Spagetti Sauce- 90
Whole Grain Pasta- 105

Total= 835 :/

25 minute interval training- 150
30 Insanity- 220
20 minute power yoga [wish I could have done more] - 110

Total Burned- 480

Tomorrow I will do better.

Thinspo because I need it!


2 comments:

americaneaglelove said...

Thanks for the tip about Starbucks! I totally get what you said about guys being able to eat anything and everything they want! I also drop food "accidentally" on the floor. :) At least the muffins were healthy vegan ones! And you burned it off with the workout dvd.

Kara said...

I am so jealous of guys.
Can we have their metabolisms, please?
Those muffins sound absolutely wonderful, but I am sad they pretty much forced you to eat more than you were comfortable with.
I am going on a water/liquid fast today to make up for all the crap I have eaten since I have been home.
Hopefully it lasts a good long while; food is the LAST thing I need right now! :)
Hope you have a much better day today.
Hang in there and stay strong, love! <3